Sunderland Fall Fair
Friend us on Facebook
Follow us on Twitter
PAST JUNIOR AMBASSADORS
Rules and Regulations for the
2017 Sunderland Fall Fair Junior & Senior Ambassador Competition
1. Registrations will be accepted beginning January 1, 2017. Contestants must be registered by April 6, 2017.
2. The senior competition is open to any male or female between the ages of 18-25. The competitor must be 18 years of age or older by August 15, 2018. The junior competition is open to any male or female aged 12 or 13 as of January 1, 2017. All competitors must reside within the boundaries of Brock Township or attend a school in Brock Township.
3. Each contestant will be required to fill out a questionnaire prior to the competition. These questionnaires will be made available to the judges.
4. Each contestant is required to have a $100.00 business or organization sponsorship. The sponsorship includes the business name on a sash and special recognition throughout the competition. If possible, we would encourage the sponsors to come to the competition in support of their participant. Cheques should be made payable to the Sunderland Agricultural Society.
5. The judges will interview each contestant during the afternoon/evening on Tuesday, May 30, 2017. All competitors will be required to make an “About me Board,” more information to be given closer to the date. The senior competitor will be required to give a 1 ½ minute speech and the juniors a 1 minute speech during the evening program, topics to be announced closer to the date. The contestants will also be given an impromptu question.
6. All contestants are asked to represent their sponsors and attend both Fair Days (Tuesday, September 12, 2017 and Wednesday, September 13, 2017).
7. The placing contestants must fulfill obligations outlined by the committee. Examples include the Sunderland Santa Claus Parade, the Sunderland Maple Syrup Festival, etc.
8. Contestants applying for a second time, for a competition they have already competed in, will not accepted until after March 31st in order to provide the opportunity to everyone. Winning ambassadors cannot compete again, runners up may not. These rules do not apply to previous junior competitors applying for the senior competition for the first time.
9. A participant will be disqualified if their conduct is found to contradict any of the Ambassador Program rules and regulations or if they fail to observe any instructions set out by the committee. The Ambassadors represent the Sunderland Agricultural Society and their behaviour must be acceptable at all times.
10. The winners will receive a package upon crowning that will outline in more detail their new role as Senior or Junior Fair Ambassador.
Please click on the following link to register for both the senior and junior competition: http://bit.ly/2kbvOB3
For more information on the Ambassador Program please contact Becky Murray at Sunderlandfairambassador@gmail.com or (647) 234-6498.